Adeline at age 4!

I've been trying to think about what to share about Adeline, and somehow whenever I do these yearly posts, things don't come as clearly as posting monthly about a baby's milestones. Soooo I'm going to try to capture Adeline at age 4 in my notes below!


  • Sweet thing is spunky. She will make a sweet comment or intriguing observation out of left field. Yet then she will also throw herself on the ground in a fit of frustration and tears before you can even look at her sideways. She keeps us on our toes! For sure. 
  • Adeline loves to play outside! She adores playing with her big sis and neighbor friends, but sometimes in the mornings are around lunch, she will disappear to go swing or bike ride by herself. Girlfriend loves the outdoors in whatever form it is.
  • I think we've finally gotten to a sweet point with Adeline not waking up during the night. (Or at least these past two weeks...) BUT now Lilleigh is...
  • Adeline loves to do things "by [her]self". I actually love it. Now that we have James, whatever the girls can do on their own is super welcome by me. :) Sometimes water ends up on the floor. And most of the time shoes are on the wrong feet or clothes are backwards, but hey she got dressed without my help! Works for me.
  • This girl loves to write and draw. In the last year she has started drawing legs and arms on her people. They're no longer just cirlces/ heads. :) 
  • Addie and Lilleigh LOOOOVE their American Girl dolls! Love them. They play with their American Girl dolls together, and it's so sweet to hear them speak in their high pitch voices and play pretend. Warms my heart. 
  • She's very insistent on "reading." She wants to do all the things big sis is doing in school.
  • Speaking of school, I get a lot of questions about how I do school for each of them. Honestly we do a lot together! We do PreMath-It with dominoes, and both will participate. Sometimes I have Lil work on Singapore math (workbook), and Adeline will work on her own workbook (just for fun - tracing, mazes, matching). Reading stuff we all do together. Adeline obviously is not learning to read yet (that's just not how we roll), but she wants to be a part of the games we do and any practice, so I welcome her. Science is mainly nature, which she of course loves. And we read aloud a ton - pretty much daily for history, for sweet childhood stories, and for answers to all of the girls' many questions. All this to say, the majority of our schooling is pretty easy to accommodate teaching both! I'm thankful for where we are at now with all of this.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Bubs!

March {in photos}

Friendships and Answered Prayers