Adeline is 4 months old! It is both hard to believe she is so old and hard to believe that just over 4 months ago we had not even met her! Life without her is such a distant memory. Labor isn't a distant memory though, so grandparents can stop hounding me for another grandchild anytime soon!
That said, I think Adeline is the perfect baby! I know, I'm biased. But that's how moms are supposed to be right? Here's a little about Adeline at 4 months...
I'm going by memory for our doctor's appointment yesterday. She's 24.5", which puts her in the 50th percentile for height, and 12 lb 10 oz, which puts her in the 20-something percentile for weight. Lilleigh was always 90th percentile until age 2, when she fell to 40th, and I think she was somewhere around 30th percentile for weight. So that's how the sisters compare.
Adeline's schedule looks roughly like this:
Between 6 and 7 AM - Wake to feed. Then back to sleep.
9 AM - Up for the day. Feed.
10 AM to noon - Morning nap
12 - Feed
1:15-3:30 - Afternoon nap
3:30 - Feed
5-6 PM - Late afternoon nap
6 PM - Feed
7 PM (or before) - Bed
Her routine just changed up in the last couple weeks. She had been doing one long afternoon nap and no late afternoon catnap. This was fine with me, as I loved the long break in the afternoon, but it also sometimes made cooking dinner difficult, since late afternoon/ early evening is also the "witching hour." She also went from 4 feeds to 5, since she began waking at 6 or 7 to eat. It is a bit of a regression, but 14 hours seemed too good to be true. Twelve hours seems a little more realistic for a night's sleep without feeds.
Other characteristics of Adeline at 4 months...
- She will still nap on-the-go in the Ergo or the baby sling, though she really prefers to be in a crib or pack n play, on her tummy. As long as she has a bed, she's good. This has made it easy for play dates.
- I've noticed that in the last month she has not spit up much. Though Lilleigh wasn't a major spitter-upper, she did spit up until she started doing solids, so just an interesting observation.
- Not really a note about Adeline, but I have started using some prefolds and Thirsties covers (a different type of cloth diaper). I really love them! Never thought I would like prefolds, but they are so easy and much slimmer. A friend let me borrow her stash, and then I ended up buying 2 used and love them.
- She is not rolling yet but close! Truthfully I probably don't give her enough tummy time to get the roll down, but I figure since she sleeps on her tummy, she's fine.
- Addie absolutely loves her play mat and batting and kicking at the toys on it!