Today Lilleigh is 16 months! Here's a little about her this month...
- Loves bubbles.
- Says a bajillion words. When I counted about 6 weeks ago, she had 30+ words. This month it seems that she's had 1 or 2 new words per day. So I've stopped counting. The girl can talk! Oh and she can now say "Jesus" and sign it - well her version of the sign is clapping, but she understands what it means and assigns meaning, which is the key I think!
- She also understands a lot! Daily I am amazed at how much she understands. Today I was letting her play with some Lilleigh-friendly apps on my iPhone (to keep her from falling asleep after swimming lessons). The app turned off, so I told her if she handed the phone back to me, I'd fix it. She handed the phone to me immediately. Amazing. Love that.
- Nursing once before bed.
- Gives kisses and hugs.
- Loves to be outside playing! Stroller, wagon, water table, you name it!
- Dislikes the pool... hoping we will have a new report next week! Last summer you may remember she was the swimming lessons super star, but not so much anymore! Today she just cried and kept trying to get out of the pool. Hopefully within a few lessons, she'll remember how much fun swimming can be! I should mention though that she loves our backyard baby pool!
- Has taken on a second attachment object. Again, all on her own. A small pink bunny, who she calls "Baby."
|As you can see, she did not like being up on the shoulders.|
|But she was super excited about the chair Pappy got her for the front yard! He got mommy and daddy chairs too!|
Earlier this month, we went to Houston for Anabelle's graduation from Kinkaid.