Harry Potter

When the Harry Potter mania first began, I read the first book. But then the movies started coming out, and I couldn't keep up. But after Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, I decided I really needed to read the books. Only watching the movies made me feel like a lesser fan, so that had to change. But being in school, I really had no time to read them, so I began listening to the audio books. The series is narrated by Jim Dale, who has won two Grammies for his amazing narration. He is also in the Guiness Book of World Records for the most voices (134) in an audiobook. His talent really brings the book to life. Whether you have read the books or not, I highly recommend listening to them on CD. Put them in the car. You'll be done in no time!

As for the movie Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I thought it was quite good myself. There were definitely parts that were different and parts that I wish had been included, but a 20-hour long movie might get a little boring... This director definitely has kept the thrilling pace of the novel and continued to amaze me with each movie since the third, when he took over as director. And the way he makes the books come to life is always better than I imagined! I'm sad the series is almost over, but I'm so glad that the seventh book is being split into two movies! More to look forward to! And the wait begins...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Bubs!

March {in photos}

Peanut butter and jelly