This dish was SUPER easy to make! I was actually really impressed, and I will make it again!
Here are a few things I did differently.
- First off, I didn't use lemon juice, so this is optional.
- Also I used real peaches, since it's summer and peaches are in season. I did take off the skin. This is easy to do if you make a small x on the bottom of the peach and then boil them a couple minutes. This loosens the skin. Take them out of the pot and let them cool! (COOL!) Then try to take off the skin. It slides right off.
- Also instead of whole wheat baguettes, I used challah bread (pronounced holla!) from Whole Foods.
- I also think I put a lot more cinnamon and brown sugar on it than she had in this pic. Makes it extra yummy!
- And I arranged the peach slices so they spooned each other, neatly in lines. I think this made the recipe MUCH prettier than the picture, but shh don't tell Ellie that!
And yes, I will post baby shower pics soon too!