5 Years and Weaning

On Saturday Brendon and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary!! Val was so thoughtful to come up and babysit Lil for the day (such a chore for a grandparent, I know) so that B and I could have date day! We enjoyed being able to sleep in, grab Starbucks and walk in the park with Sammy (like old times), run a couple errands together, grab free cupcakes from Sprinkles, and enjoy dinner at our favorite restaurant in downtown McKinney.


I did make us have a bite of our original wedding cake one last time. My friend's parents still (after 30-something years!) have a bite of their cake at every anniversary, and I thought that was super cute and wanted to do that too. But Brendon thinks it's weird! Ha. And he does not like to participate. He does though, begrudgingly. But I figured after 5 years, it might be time to throw it out!


And since Val was here this weekend, I took the opportunity to wean Lil. I had been planning to do it sometime this month because we have a fam reunion coming up in August, as well as a girls trip for me. Plus I've just been getting the feeling lately that "it's time" to end this season. I just hate that I had to make the decision to do it! Not that I'd want it differently I guess.

Anyway, we chose this weekend because with Val being here and lots going on (distractions), the timing just worked out. It's been so hard and emotional. Oh I am going to miss that sweet time with her so much! There have been many tears shed this weekend over this nursing scenario. (Not to worry. None interfered with our anniversary.) It makes me so sad to end this season. And to not have had an official "goodbye" last nursing. And I hate that I can no longer give her nutrition in that way. But I am thankful for the great run we had! 17 months! That's kinda amazing. And I am glad to have a bit more freedom at the bedtime hour - that I don't always have to be here for bedtime. It's bittersweet!

A 17 month update and more Montana pics to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Bubs!

March {in photos}

Friendships and Answered Prayers