So here we are. Lilleigh at 19 months...
- Lilleigh is now sleeping in a big girl bed! This was not something I had planned to do yet, but as I think I've explained before, she just randomly ended up napping in her big girl bed one day. And she did so well, that I let her nap there a couple of times, and then on a whim, we moved her. She's actually done really well! She has been waking up a tad bit earlier and napping a tad less over all, but I think we are in the transition period. The only issue we have had is that she does know she can get out of her bed. This has only been an issue a couple of times at bedtime. I hate that because disciplining her would be the most effective thing to do, but that also gets her upset and then draws out bedtime even longer... not sure what to do on that front. But we are working on it! Thankfully she was still willing to sleep in a pack n play this weekend when we traveled. Not sure how much longer that will last though.
- As with every month and week and day, her vocabulary has increased by leaps and bounds. She has a few phrases she will say - thank you, no ma'am, yes ma'am. She also is starting to call more things by their right names, rather than the name she had given them. For example, her blanket was "night, night" but is now "blankey."
- Now when she wants to say yes, instead of doing a nervous-sounding laugh, she will respond, "okay". She knows the word yes, but I guess doesn't quite understand the context? So if I ask, "Do you want to go for a walk?" she'll say "okay." Funny girl.
- We've been learning Bible verses together. And by this, I mean, I am trying to memorize more Scripture, so I am doing it with Lil by using hand motions (made up by yours truly) as I recite the verse. Lil loooves it and sometimes joins in with me with motions and a word here and there.
- Her current favorite books are: No, No Noah, From Head to Toe, Goodnight Gorilla, The Napping House, The Beginners Bible, anything Elmo or Dora, and of course, Fancy Nancy! (Not sure if Fancy Nancy is Momma's fave or hers...)
|All ready for bed!|
|She's going places.|
|Playing in the ball put with her good friend Maddie.|
|Climbing and crawling through tunnels.|
|Walking in to our new favorite ice cream shop, Sweet Firefly. They have an amazing sea salt caramel ice cream!|