Lil at 21 Months!

This week Lil is 21 months!! I know I've said this one hundred times, but seriously I enjoy her more each day. Such a fun age! She can verbalize enough for me to understand, but she can't really talk back and has not yet started to defy regularly.

Lil at 21 months...
  • She knows all of her colors! 
  • We are working on letters. Not a whole lot of progress, but we are working on it!
  • She can "count" - you know, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7. Not necessarily counting objects, but saying the numbers. Maybe she'll be more of a numbers girl since she's picked up on these before letters? (We've def worked harder on letter, for the record.) Or maybe she'll be a little more on the creative side? After all, she does know her colors - and some shapes I might add!
  • She has started speaking in 3-4 word sentences. My favorites are - "Mommy, I love you" and "Daddy, come on." Oh and let's not forget, "Daddy, scratch back."
  • Lil loves Fancy Nancy books and playing dress up! Such a girly girl! She's constantly wearing my shoes and necklaces. I'd love to throw her a Fancy Nancy birthday party, but I'm not sure what the boys would do... and I'm thinking it might be more fun for a 3 or 4 year old party, when we can have a tea party and such... something other than mad chaos! ;)
  • She loves anything she can push - baby strollers, shopping carts, lawn mowers. (All kid versions, of course.) Toy cars that she can sit in are also very exciting.
  • She was a kitty cat for Halloween and had the cutest "meow." 
  • She still loves wearing bows but now seems to also approve of pony tails and pig tails. (For awhile there, she wasn't loving those.)
  • She told me the other day that she especially loves dresses. Sooo I've been looking for some winter dresses (for play clothes) that she can wear over leggings.
  • As for the potty training, I've kinda decided to give it a rest. Our friend Maddie was showing all of the signs of being ready to potty train, yet I still see how it's a lot of work for her momma. I'm not really that eager all of a sudden. We'll wait a bit longer and take it as we go! 
  • She is still a great sleeper. Her normal bedtime is 7:30 PM, and she will normally wake up between 7:30 and 8:30 AM. Sometimes even 9. But daylight savings time has thrown her off a bit. And nap time is usually 2-1/2 to 3 hours, somewhere between noon and 4 PM. She often is very willing to nap and will start saying "night, night."












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Bubs!

March {in photos}

Friendships and Answered Prayers