Lil at 21 Months!
This week Lil is 21 months!! I know I've said this one hundred times, but seriously I enjoy her more each day. Such a fun age! She can verbalize enough for me to understand, but she can't really talk back and has not yet started to defy regularly.
Lil at 21 months...
Lil at 21 months...
- She knows all of her colors!
- We are working on letters. Not a whole lot of progress, but we are working on it!
- She can "count" - you know, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7. Not necessarily counting objects, but saying the numbers. Maybe she'll be more of a numbers girl since she's picked up on these before letters? (We've def worked harder on letter, for the record.) Or maybe she'll be a little more on the creative side? After all, she does know her colors - and some shapes I might add!
- She has started speaking in 3-4 word sentences. My favorites are - "Mommy, I love you" and "Daddy, come on." Oh and let's not forget, "Daddy, scratch back."
- Lil loves Fancy Nancy books and playing dress up! Such a girly girl! She's constantly wearing my shoes and necklaces. I'd love to throw her a Fancy Nancy birthday party, but I'm not sure what the boys would do... and I'm thinking it might be more fun for a 3 or 4 year old party, when we can have a tea party and such... something other than mad chaos! ;)
- She loves anything she can push - baby strollers, shopping carts, lawn mowers. (All kid versions, of course.) Toy cars that she can sit in are also very exciting.
- She was a kitty cat for Halloween and had the cutest "meow."
- She still loves wearing bows but now seems to also approve of pony tails and pig tails. (For awhile there, she wasn't loving those.)
- She told me the other day that she especially loves dresses. Sooo I've been looking for some winter dresses (for play clothes) that she can wear over leggings.
- As for the potty training, I've kinda decided to give it a rest. Our friend Maddie was showing all of the signs of being ready to potty train, yet I still see how it's a lot of work for her momma. I'm not really that eager all of a sudden. We'll wait a bit longer and take it as we go!
- She is still a great sleeper. Her normal bedtime is 7:30 PM, and she will normally wake up between 7:30 and 8:30 AM. Sometimes even 9. But daylight savings time has thrown her off a bit. And nap time is usually 2-1/2 to 3 hours, somewhere between noon and 4 PM. She often is very willing to nap and will start saying "night, night."