Baptism Sunday

I'm behind, as is my new normal! But I wanted to share some photos from when Brendon and I were baptized a few weeks ago!

We believe that Scripture supports believers baptism as an act of obedience and submission and a profession of faith. And though we've both been believers for many years, neither of us had been baptized with that specific intent. Brendon had been baptized as an infant, so he really want to be baptized again as an adult as a profession of faith, by his own choice. And I had actually been baptized when I was 6, and while I know I truly believed in Jesus, I am doubtful that I understood my own sinfulness and need for a savior. Regardless, I do remember very clearly wanting to be baptized so that I could have God-parents just like my brother Austen. Ha. Not really the reason to be baptized! 

Baptism Sunday at our church is a big deal. Though you can be baptized anytime throughout the year, there's one big baptism event each May. Baptism occurs in the pond, which is freezing! And there's lots of free fun -  burgers and hotdogs, snow cones, bounce houses, and more! Pretty cool way to celebrate!






I can't get the photo of Brendon getting baptized uploaded... sorry hubs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Bubs!

March {in photos}

Friendships and Answered Prayers