Camping and Pumpkins

This past weekend we went camping with friends to Eisenhower State Park just an hour north of us. It was nice to be someplace so close! And so pretty! It actually had a beach on the lake!






And on Monday we went with two other friends (Allie & Shepherd and Katy & Maddie) to a pumpkin patch in Richardson! I was delighted to find a pumpkin patch so close! (Most are faaaar, which means little ones sleep on the way home and mom misses nap time. Not cool.) On top of being close, it's a pretty good price - for $6, we were able to go into the pumpkin patch, choose a small pumpkin, feed the goats, and go on a little hay ride. Plus there's also animals to see, a fun maze, jungle gym, and pumpkin field to run through. The kids thought this was very fun! Moms too!








As for our little family, we are hanging in there. I met with a friend this morning who went through a miscarriage last year and she directed me to a few Psalms. So this afternoon during nap time, I spent some time reading Psalms. There is really so much good stuff in there for an aching heart! A couple of things I pulled out...

This reminder in Psalm 31:19 -
How great is Your goodness,
Which You have stored up for those who fear You,
Which You have wrought for those who take refuge in You,
Before the sons of men!

And Psalm 30:11-12, which I pray for our family -
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Over all we are adjusting to a new normal, and clearly not holding back from the fun things! Camping with friends (and our little family unit, Sammy included) was so good for our hearts. There are good days and bad days, but I am trying to hold my thoughts captive and pour out thankfulness. We certainly have a lot to be thankful for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Bubs!

March {in photos}

Friendships and Answered Prayers