What a fun day!

Dear Lilleigh,

Just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun with you today! This one nap thing isn't so bad! We had a great outing to the mall this morning to meet up with one of our favorite mommy and baby duos. Normally I'd be worrying about how to schedule such an outing around your nap, but not this morning. You were wide awake and ready for an adventure. You even let me pop in a few stores while we were there! From the mall, we went to the mat room, where we played our hearts out with more of your baby friends (and mommy friends). After that, we came home for lunch and a 2 hour 45 minute nap for you! (Who's counting the minutes?) I got a lot done during this time, so thanks for that. Then Daddy surprised us by coming home early before his church meeting. So we went on a walk and hung out with Daddy, Sammy, and the chickens - and brought some eggs to our neighbors. You walked in circles around a cooler on the sidewalk while we talked to our neighbor across the street. It was really cute. But your feet were super dirty after that! So we made sure to give you a good bath after dinner! This evening you played while I put some laundry away, cleaned some dishes, and made the bed in your room, and then you hollered for me to help you get out one of your favorite books, which I took as a sign that you were ready for story time. So we read Goodnight, Gorillawith Sammy before heading to bed. Oh and when I was singing Morning Town to you (your night-night song), you did your usual loud ya-ya-ya-ya-ya that you do when I'm somewhere in the middle of the first verse. I love that. It let's me know you're tired and that you're comfy in my arms. We prayed and I laid you in your crib to sleep. It was a great day!

I just so love our days together. I feel so blessed to be your mommy and to get to be home with you. I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks, B, for working so hard to provide for us!

Love,
Momma (and A)

PS For those of your reading this, here's a fun video. It's one of Lil's favorite past times these days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Bubs!

March {in photos}

Friendships and Answered Prayers