A little bit of chaos

Life is just busy and chaotic right now! Not bad. Just chaotic.

Yesterday Lilleigh and I were just off. Bad moods all around. A viscous cycle. Cranky, cranky. And to top it off she cried for 30 minutes when I was putting her to bed. It was sad - for her and mommy. At the end of the night I was ready for a looong break! Being a stay at home mom isn't easy! Not that working is. Just saying staying home isn't the walk in the park I envisioned as a child. Ha! What was I thinking? I'm encouraged by the blog post my friend Samantha wrote in response to my Facebook status about my day.

Today Lil was her sweet self. She even took a long afternoon nap to make up for the day before. I couldn't help but thank God for new beginnings. A new day, after a day like yesterday, just seemed so beautiful. And it was.

But I have to tell you. Not that what came next made the day less of a blessing from the Lord. Or made my heart any less thankful for new beginnings. But well, life continued on... Like I said, Lil took a great nap this afternoon. As I heard her starting to stir, I also heard chickens squawking outside. I finished what I was doing (a minute tops) and ran out the door with Sammy to see what was going on. A hawk was kneeling over Blondie, our new hen! I was horrified. I started screaming and running towards, frantically looking to see what I could throw at it! (SO thankful Lilleigh was not with me!) The hawk flew away and Blondie twitched. Oh it was terrible. It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. I can't get that vision out of my head. Oh the horror. I'm traumatized. I don't ever want those sweet chickens to be in such danger again. I shooed Henrietta and Clara Belle into the coop. (Why they weren't there in the first place is beyond me - maybe the squawking was their attempt to scare off the hawk?) Then I ran around searching for Sir. The poor little guy was hiding in the corner of the fence under some shrubs. I scooped him up and put him in the coop. Then I placed an Amazon box and a chair over Blondie, who was now dead, to wait for Brendon to get home. Oh it was the saddest thing... I suppose it's the circle of life. Only natural. But still terrifying.

I wish I had some awesome life lesson to tie these two days up with a bow. I don't. Just thought I'd share about the "excitement" (that's so the wrong word) around here. A little chaos on top of an already crazy week. I have a to-do list a mile long before Lil's birthday party on Saturday! Her first birthday! So exciting! Expect lots of photos to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Bubs!

March {in photos}

Friendships and Answered Prayers